For a while now, I've felt like life is over taking me and my dreams. I feel really old and under-achieved. I have a friend that keeps reminding me that ‘’I am in my prime’’ so with this in mind I made a list of 24 things to do in 2016. I am sure my list will make you laugh at some points and give you a picture of what goes on in my mind but most importantly I want it to challenge you to keep living and to chase after your dreams no matter the date on your birth certificate. So here goes;
1) Fall hopeless in love with Abidoye Oreoluwa, because let’s face it, she is awesome.
2) Climb a mountain.
3) Read a new book every week. I know I read more than 52 books by the end of every year but a book can run into different weeks and some weeks pass by without a single book. So one book every week will help build discipline
4) Feed a monkey; I know it is weird but it is something I have always wanted to do.
5) Visit three new states in Nigeria and not states located in western Nigeria.
6) Invest in coloured pens, pencils and no impulse buying of fancy notebooks.
7) Read more History books to build an appreciation for the journey taken to arrive at where we are today.
8) Go for a concert; one with a proper band and good musicians
9) Visit museums and art galleries.
10) See many stage plays and spoken word shows.
11) Accept hugs and give hugs and stop thinking about body fluids.
12) Read less of medical research journals because they only increase my paranoia.
13) Tell people how important they are to me and write letters to people randomly.
14) Disappear less into myself, learn to be in a place- body, soul and spirit and really experience the moments, places and people.
15) Allow myself to miss people.
16) Think more and worry less.
17) Dance in the rain; I always end up with a cold after this but it is totally worth it.
18) Have a sing along day with my sister and disturb the house with my horrible voice and her really good one.
19) Go on holiday with my brother and sister.
20) Make a photo documentary.
21) Take longer walks with my mum and have more conversations with my dad.
22) Write more and be more diligent with my blog.
23) Visit Ghana.
24) Don’t be afraid of love.