I made a list around this time last year 24 and I did a few things on that list, it felt so good to check the items off one after the other. I thought Ore why not make another list so here goes;
1. Dye my hair - I have wanted to do this for the longest time and I need to put myself on a timeline to ‘’maybe’’ get it done.
2. Travel with Miss Olaolawa (my younger sister) - We have talked about taking a sister trip for a while and also sharing an apartment. The latter will have to wait but we will definitely be taking out sister trip very soon.
3. Learn to Bake - From cookies to brownie, nice sugary treats
4. Go Vegan for a month - I tried it this year and it was an epic fail, we all know I love chicken too much, but I refuse to stop trying.
5. Climb to the top of Olumo Rock - I went once with my family ‘’Mr Abidoye’’ didn’t let us climb the rock. The plan is to visit without him.
6. Write more letters
7. Read a book written by Teju Cole
8. Wear my hair out more often - I hate making my hair so why not let the afro breath and see the sun.
9. Read more memoirs - Because you find light for your present and future in the stories of others past.
10. Read more books about Nigeria
11. Start a bookclub dedicated to studying Nigerian history.
12. Write every day even if is just a paragraph
13. Take more photographs.
14. Do a better job at keeping in touch with my family and friends.
15. Text more - I hate texting and I have realised that to keep in touch with people I have to learn to enjoy it.
16. Attend an art festival.
17. Pray more - because with prayer comes peace.
18. Study my bible - because there are a lot of things to learn about God.
19. Sing and not care about my horrible voice - I don’t have the best singing voice so I shy away from singing in public
20. Go out more and not just to the movies
21. Watch less serial programs - my roaster is so full at the moment it isn’t healthy for productivity.
22. Learn to play the guitar - I used to have basic skills of playing the piano but I didn’t pay attention and nature the skill. I am older and wiser so I am picking an instrument I think I love and I might enjoy learning to play.
23. Learn to swim - the skill may come in handy one day so why not.
24. Finish writing my collection of short stories - I have spent the last two years working on it and it is time I finish
25. Post weekly on ‘’THE OVER THINKER’’