Olubukunola Tijani's Playlist
I love music a lot and I believe it speaks to me in ways I can't imagine. I enjoy music with deep lyrics that teach me and help me in different situations I find myself, I love music that help keep me in God's presence and remind me of His never ending love for me and the essence of my purpose in life.
So many songs have touched my life but I'd love to share some that are currently on repeat for me and have also stayed with me for a long time now.
- What a Beautiful name by Hillsong: This song reminds me always of the person who God is and what He means to me. Whenever I feel like worshiping God and remind myself of the things He has done for me I sing this in my head. God's name is powerful, He's been there even from the beginning of creation, The song says he's the word made flesh, He's name is powerful and will remain with me even till the end of time.
- Letting Go by Steffany Gretzinger: I love Bethel music and Steffany Gretzinger is like a role model for me. The words of this song brings tears to my eyes always. Whenever I feel sad, scared or unsure of how my life is going or the things happening with me i listen to this. It reminds me to Let go and just Let God. Let go of everything bothering me or bringing me to tears and live it all to God to handle. The chorus says You remind me of things for forgotten, You unwind me till i'm totally undone and when your arms are around me, fear is no match for your love. Its a song of comfort, sometimes all we need is a hug from God telling us all will be well and indeed that's all that matters.
- Pieces by Amanda Cook: Its a tale of how God loves. His love is never ending, never fails, its not passive or insecure neither is it broken. It hangs on every word it says. Its pure and magical. Nothing compares to God's love and always I'm delighted to be loved by God.
- Heaven Knows by Hillsong: This is a soundtrack for a wonderful movie called The Shack. Its another comforting song of hope, faith, love and surrender to God in times of troubles cos we all go through that sometimes and all we need is a little faith.
- The sun is Rising by Britt Nicole: An all time love for me. A wonderful song about belief in one's self no matter the amount of failures you go through, Never giving up. A song about courage and hope. The's nothing better than believing in yourself and what better song than this to help encourage you!
- Jesus at the Center by Israel Houghton: When you have God at the center of your plans and you surrender all to Him, There is no way you'll fail cos He knows our beginning and our end so every time I deviate and I don''t carry God along with my plans. I'm reminded by this song of the benefits of putting God first.
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran: I absolutely adore Ed Sheeran and his talent for deep and reasonable lyrics. I love this song cos its an absolute definition of loving someone no matter how they are. Just accepting them for who they are and nothing more. A good song for two people truly in love Lol!
- Maybe IDK by Jon Bellion: I've found a new love! His amazing voice and lyrics amazes me. This song just reminds me that we never have everything planned and its ok to not have everything planned but lets just take things one step at a time and leave the rest to God
- Hand of God by Jon Bellion: No matter what we go through, our lives are directed and guided by God.
- We can Hurt Together by Sia: No matter what you go through, always remember you are not alone. You have people who will always be there to smile with you, cry with you, laugh with you, Never judge you but always stick with you no matter what. You're not alone. We were not created to walk alone. That's what friends are for.