Letter To My 23 Years Old Self By Onomesan Oyo
Dear 23 year old self,
I write with the sincerest apologies that I haven’t given you much to work with. I am exhausted as it is and I do not have the courage to go on. I hope that you will forgive me for giving up but you would soon come to realize as I have that this life is not easy. There are times where I think of leaving it all but I do not have that kind of bravery to take something that didn’t start of my own power in the first place. I hope you would have the courage to live out the dreams that I couldn’t, I want you to know that I tried, I put in work and also completely put my trust in Him that gave me the life. I am truly exhausted with no strength to carry on but I hope that you would be everything that I hoped you would be.
I am trying to make something of my life and I hope that you would continue in the race, a lot of us want to make a positive change in the world, something that would rock the very fabric of our humanity but most of us don’t how, we have the tools but we lack the technical expertise to carpe diem the day. Each day I wake up with the burning desire that today would be the day that I have been praying for. I need you to follow up with that because in a few hours I would no longer have a guest pass in the affairs that guide my life. I wouldn’t dare pride myself as being very wise but I would leave you with some essential tips to live by:
- If at first attempt it doesn’t work out, try again, again and again.
- Getting to the reality of the idea of the you hidden in your head would not be easy but embrace the process.
- People are going to try to tell you what you can or cannot do, Do always what you want because at the end of the day you are the only one the mirror reflects.
- The world is waiting for the greatness that you are regardless of where you are right now
- In the very wise words of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Dare to take…The world is yours to take so why not.
- As always do you, it never gets better than that
Cheers to the life we aspire to smile
My 22 year old self